- 14-Mar-2017 to 28-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Victoria, BC, CAN
- $50,857 to $57,781 per annum (Salary effective April 2, 2017)
- Full Time
- Administrative Officer R18
**Open to BC Pension Corporation and BC government employees with in-service status only**
Security Screening: Yes
Geographically Restricted: Yes - Victoria area
BC Pension Corporation is one of the largest professional pension services organizations in Canada. Doing meaningful work and with a challenging mandate, we provide comprehensive pension services to five BC public sector pension plans. In addition, the corporation is executing on a forward-thinking, transformational strategy that will change the way we serve plan members and employers. Our strategic plan, From 12 to 21, is an ambitious program of business transformation that supports high service levels and cost-effective delivery through better use of technology, improved business process and continued attention to staff training and development. It's the ideal setting for a consultative team player who thrives in a collegial, results-oriented client service delivery environment.
As the Policy Analyst, you will support the Senior Policy Analyst in providing policy and plan rule advice to the pension plan boards as well as provide policy advice to Pension Corporation staff. You will assist in drafting and reviewing plan rules; developing policies; identifying and analyzing emerging issues; and analyzing and facilitating the resolution of complex plan member files and preparing appeal reports.
- A post-secondary diploma or certificate in business administration, public administration, or another related field; AND
- Two years of experience interpreting, researching, analyzing and applying complex policies and procedures either in a pension related work environment or a policy related work environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in pension administration is preferred.
- Completion of the Advanced Pension course or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) program or other recognized certificate/diploma in benefits administration or equivalent program/certification is preferred.
Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications as listed in the selection criteria above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
To learn more about the Policy Analyst position, please review the following:
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at Jobs@pensionsbc.ca.
An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted to move to the next stage (at-home written assessment and/or an interview). All candidates are notified of the outcome of the competition once it has been completed.